View Single Post
Old 09.12.2016, 09:37 AM   #19498
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I haven't even really thought about watching this. Not sure why. Maybe we'll give it a go based on your recommendation.

Lately we've been watching the BBC adaptation of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norell on Netflix. In very small increments. Stretching it out.

It's an excellent adaptation of the book (which was one of those rare pop culture phenom bestsellers that actually earned its hype). I feel like they're speeding through the story a bit more than they need to, and puffing up the action and visuals a bit. Still pretty damn impressive.

I stopped reading that book about 100 pages in. I found it boring and like a weak-sauce version of a Neil Gaiman or an Alan Moore novel. Tried watching the show on the netflix and my wife and I got bored bu the end of the first hour. Just not my cup of tea I guess...