View Single Post
Old 03.22.2018, 09:40 AM   #1975
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I haven't seen Altered Carbon yet, but it looks like something I'd really enjoy.

It's well worth the watch. With all the Blade Runner talk and fans here, I would certainly be interested in this board's take on it.

It took me a few episodes to get into it, but I am quite glad I stuck with it. Character development started off a little slow. It takes a bit to come to terms with the characters, to really empathize with any of them, and to decide who to give a fuck about or not, and why. That might just be my take on it though.

It also felt a little inconsistent to me at times, mostly early on too though. You sort of get used to the tone of it. I found myself bouncing back and forth from "ugh, that felt a little too ameteur try-hard," to "holy shit, that was shot amazingly!" Some of the hyper-violence and constant nudity made me feel like it was trying too hard to be a sci-fi Game of Thrones or something at first, but that sort of subsided too.

I thought Joel Kinnaman did a really solid job in it. I remember being introduced to him via the first season of The Killing and thought he just totally stole that show. I remember being totally mind-blown when I first found out he was actually foreign and hearing his accent in an interview. He just totally nailed that sleazy but kind-hearted character. I certainly never could have foreseen his move into more of an action star role like he seems to be becoming. I really would love to see him cast as some sort of action villain to see what he would bring to such a role. He was able to bring some of sleaziness to his Altered Carbon role too though.

All in all, I found it a good watch, and have certainly recommended it to some friends.

I think that Electric Dreams in next on my list.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|