View Single Post
Old 06.18.2007, 09:49 PM   #118
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
That's obviously because your imagination doesn't run wild to start with. If you can't judge a song for what it is, regardless of the context that you listen to it in, it's more your problem rather than the song in question's. And, anyway, the great majority of the songs used on commercials are rubbish anyway, plus you always have the option of switching the tv off whenever the commercial comes up. Nobody forces you to not preserve whatever imagery you associate with it. It's your own choice, you ginger minge.

Is it that obvious? Your entire post is a contradiction. You say my problem is that my imagination doesn't "run wild." Then later, you say its my "own choice" (coupled with an adolescent insult) as to what image I associate with a song. So, which is it?

The fact that a majority of songs used for commercials are rubbish is irrelevant to the topic. My initial point was that I have no problem with SY selling their music at Starbucks, but I would have somewhat of a problem if they did something that affected my personal listening experience. For example, if I repeatedly saw a McDonald's commercial with the 'Cross the Breeze playing in the background, my enjoyment of that song would eventually be diminished. I, like every other human, cannot always control the images that pop into my head.
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|