View Single Post
Old 03.07.2016, 03:08 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ok. That's pretty cool.

Haha i remember the Fire Marshall shutting down the encore at a free deftones show back in 2003 when they were at their zenith of popularity. KROQ gave away one hundred free tickets to a private and secret show at the Roxy on Sunset (venue is max capacity 145)... they also gave out "tickets" to a record signing at the old Tower on Sunset walking distance away to those folks who didn't get a ticket. I had driven all the way to some obscure Weinerstiztchel in San Bernardino (about 225 miles round trip from my house) just to get those tickets and was literally the first in line...

The place was so jammed packed the fire marshal literally took the stage and kicked everyone out IMMEDIATELY with police presence. So we get outside and I'm thinking, "Hey why not I should go to that record signing I mean I am here after all.."

The line was extended at LEAST ten blocks down Sunset. There must have been four or five thousand people there in line. I simply walked by them, shirtless and soaked in sweat, and said, "FUCK THIS LINE I JUST SAW THE SHOW!"

One of the all time greatest shows I ever was a part of! They played over a 2 hour set. ALL my favorite songs up to that point indeed they said, "Oh yall want to hear some new shit? Not until midnight!"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|