View Single Post
Old 02.22.2019, 09:52 AM   #6263
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'd say most people here have a healthy suspicion towards corporations and the world of big finance - especially if they've run or worked for a small business, because they'll have more likely come into direct contact with their ruthlessness. Maybe you never ran into any problems when dealing with these big firms while running your business but I worked for one that went under as a direct consequence of their ruthless practices. It's possible to find corporate business practices deeply problematic without buying into the whole anti-capitalist thing.
what is “ruthless” though?

i have friends who used to work at video stores. a bunch of them, actually, due to my predilections ha ha hahaha.

when netflix came around, they were pissed off! netflix was eating their lunch.

did netflix offer the same amount of expertise and deep knowledge of cinema as your local tarantino?

hell the fuck no.

but overall, netflix’s near infinite selection, easy mail delivery, lack of late fees and other conveniences had, overall, the better offer for the general public.

so the video stores went under.

the ones who did this part-time were sad but understood the market had changed.

the ones who did it full time were incensed! and swore off “predatory ruthless” netflix forever. they took it personally. to this day. they’d go to a redbox but refuse netflix.

me, i’ve had to adjust my business model several times because of changing market conditions. just like i wear different clothes in different weather. can’t expect sunny days always. ruthless weather.

speaking of ruthless—one of the stores that closed noticed that their clerks giving away too many freebies/discounts to their friends had greatly accelerated their demise! that was cold...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|