View Single Post
Old 03.15.2017, 07:49 PM   #2510
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly though, I do understand why "The Media" (it's easier to use than the alternatives... like "the mainstream news industry," or "mainstream news outlets that don't think Trump's the tits") is fucking pissed, because you're right, he did declare war on an entire, vaguely defined profession. Everyone from Slate to Vice to Bill O'Reilly to Howard Stern to Peter Griffin to HBO to Spotify and Apple... has every right to be pissed.

They have every right to retaliate too as long as they do so within the parameters of the law. So no libel, but editorializing like crazy? Sure! It's not the call I would make, but I do get it.

What would the lodging industry do if he -- for some Fucking reason -- declared war on it? Chainsaws, that's what. Strikes, that's what.
What about the NRA? What if he declared the NRA the "enemy of the people?" Ohhhh buddy. Watch out.

If he declared the energy industry the "enemy of the American people" he'd wake up dead as fuck the next morning. Or maybe he'd get lucky and they'd just put a horse head in his bed and frack his back yard. (No shit, you do NOT want to duck around wth those guys. They are seriously, genuinely, terrifyingly dangerous, even though the independent billionaires among them donate to charity and shit to look good and community-minded, they sit down and eat their own fucking children for dinner... with white whine. Don't fuck with energy Assholes. 4 real.)

Computer programmers would hack the White House and post memes of Trump Fucking an elephant all over the world.

Journalists are supposed to not retaliate? Well, that's fucking bullshit.

But in order to retaliate, and slip in their negative coverage and editorials, they have to play the game and say nice things about him every once in a while because the industry is by necessity private, and needs to stay in good standing financially with their parent companies and such.

Teachers probably have it even harder, but at least they get to unionize.

What would medical doctors do?

The possibilities are endless. Hopefully he pisses off the real enemy of the people soon... the Republican Party. And I can even see him doing that. Banking on his public support and calling his own party "bad guys" and "so-called" thises and thats.

That would be charming. Great way to move into spring.

I'm going to stop before I end up on a terrorist watch list.

But go easy on print journalists. They NEED their jobs, NEED their industry to survive to keep those jobs. Many don't have the skills to make the leap to full time digital shit. So, read some local newspapers and get a feel for how they're quietly, and diplomatically, fighting Trump with information, plain and simple.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|