View Single Post
Old 01.29.2016, 12:40 PM   #185
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Yeah, Cole is a great performer.. very passionate, and he adds energy to each song which I felt was missing on some of the original record.

Haven't heard the live yet, but I was pleasantly surprised by the original album. At best, Born Sinner was just a bit of ear candy for when I was out of ideas about what to listen to. It was a pleasant but derivative album, and while it made for some good radio hip hop, it really wasn't my thing. He didn't say or do anything that Kanye didn't do better on his first two albums.

But 2014 Forest Hills Drive was an authentic and genuinely GOOD album. Right off the bat, it sounded so much more developed and mature than Born Sinner. So, I really dug the studio version. Not usually super into live rap albums, but I'll check out the new one for sure.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|