View Single Post
Old 06.22.2016, 01:43 PM   #7471
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
!@#$! i know you always wanna belittle American talent

that's an unfair and a goofy thing to say

america has amazing talent. look at wall street. look at silicon valley. look at what california did to the wine industry. look at the space program. look at the genetic engineering that just got approved to fight cancer. in sports, look at the NBA and look at the massive amount of olympic gold medals. look at the advertising industry and tv and hollywood. look at music, and the arts. america has megatons of talent. hey, look at women's soccer! best team in the word.

but in men's soccer, let's be realistic, we just don't have the system to develop world-class talent from age 7 onwards, and these are the results. we may have "talent", in the raw-- but when it comes to identifying and developing it, we're lost in the woods. ONE national academy is not going to solve the lack of grassroots organization.

Quote:
but simple reality is US played better under Bradley. So clearly the problem is with the coaching more so than the talent gap.

if your definition of playing better is kick and run kick and run kick and run they sure we did more kicking and running under bradley. it was the only thing we could do.

i liked how we played this copa. your early predictions were 100% wrong and we ended up first in the group. so yeah.

what i bemoan from yesterday's performance was not losing-- we were going to lose no matter how we cut it. it's the fucking lineup. wondo and beckerman and zusi. WAT.

Quote:
in particular the things Klinsmann was brought to do, improve the Under- teams and farm system, is what is doing the least as they suck even worse!

i don't understand the syntax here

Quote:
i supported the guy enthusiastically his first two years, but its clear in past two years that he is fucking up what talent we have, period. US have had several opportunities to improve and develop, instead they lost Gold Cup, they lost a playoff series for a Confederation Cup nod, lost a bunch of winnable WC qualifiers, and i believe the U- team missed qualifying for Olympics.

you were always against the guy. since before he was brought on. and the confederations cup is shit and so is the gold cup.

that there is the problem-- that having consistently shit opponents creates grandiose unrealistic expectations. and then we get curb-stomped and pretend to be surprised.

much better would be to have good opponents ALWAYS. i hope the USA gets to play in every copa américa and gets real practice against solid opponents from now on.

then we'll realize it's going to take 4 decades to bring US soccer to world-class level, instead of relying on random flukes to claim dreams of perpetual glory.

we just don't have the players for a consistent performance at high levels. with a little luck we're okay vs the 2nd rate guys though--so we beat ecuador.

Quote:
at least under Bradley US was rising and ranking in top 20
those fifa rankings are a bit shit too. stats made up by bureaucrats and always proven wrong in actual tournaments.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|