View Single Post
Old 04.09.2017, 07:31 PM   #48627
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
And yet any true Wilco fan should have it, as it is part of Jeff's discography, the way Golden Smog albums are. Three songs are by McCaughey and Tweedy; one of them, "The Family Gardener", is sung by JT, who's also been performing live "Dear Employer (The Reason I Quit)" —a McCaughey-only composition— for years.

Oh fuck yes, "The Family Gardener" is PEAK TWEEDY. That's my favorite song on the album (just barely edging out "The Old Plantation," which fucking helped define my 2003).

I totally agree that Wilco fans and/or Tweedy fans should goddamn well own Down With Wilco just as they should own Loose Fur's brilliant, perennially underrated self-titled and Born Again in the USA albums ("Elegant Transaction," "Laminated Cat," "Pretty Sparks" ... Fucking gold.) So no worries — we are in the same page there.

I just meant that it's not a Wilco album. I wasn't speaking to its quality at all. I bought that album the day it came out at Cellophane Square in Seattle and didn't stop playing it for a year. Haven't heard it in a while, but I fucking love it, and it owns a bit of my soul.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|