View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 01:20 AM   #33
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietzer123
everyneurotic, i'll do a sandwich with items i disagree with you on as the bread and items i agree with you on as the meat. they might be giants is a band that either makes sense to you or not. if you don't like it, understandable, but they're deffinetly well loved enough by a very dedicated cult following to deserve to be on the list. i agree that the bad brains not being on is a god damn travesty. nebraska is one of the boss's finest. if you're gonna give any respect to any bruce springsteen album ever, it should be to this one and he is deffinetly an artist deserving of some r e s p e c t

they might be giants...in a way it is true, but i did comment on pure personal level, it was my opinion, and to me it seems that the criteria in pitchfork is either "what albums make sense in our sense that indie rock should (as in neutral milk hotel/sufjan stevens/belle and sebastian/clap your hands say yeah)" (which would explain all the rough trade/jangle pop albums on the list) or just plain "these are the albums we personally like but we'll call the list an authoritative 'the best of the 80's'". so yeah, if it would be a subjective list, they might be giants might as well be there, but since i made a case of my opinion, i would rather not put them on the list at all

as for bruce sprinsteen, in my opinion, he lost his balls in the 70's; he used to be really intense but then he turned boring. i remember seeing some concert footage from like '75 or something and the man was rocking it until he literally feel down. so when i hear anything from the 80's, it's just either bland or sickening commercial. i know nebraska is critically acclaimed and all and, as with they might be giants, you could make a case that it deserves a place if we were talking about a list thought out as coldly as possible; but it's my list and my point of view i proved in my post. in fact, i'd love to see everyone's lists of missing albums and "it deserves to be/doesn't deserve to be" albums.

and i know for a fact that most people would dismiss most of my metal selections as garbage but that's the way i see it. also, if the list were to be impartially a best of the 80's one, then they should at least consider some of my heavier selections.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|