Thread: RIP Adam West
View Single Post
Old 06.19.2017, 08:48 AM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
So how come you're such a big fan of the Watchmen comics?

because Watchmen was specifically about WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN? It was not didactic morality (superman good, darkseid bad!) or simple motivations (Wayne parents murdered, son becomes a bat-man to fight crime!). It was an exploration of why some types may get into vigilanteism, and why they do, and what happens when they do. it actually serves as an example of what happens now with cops. some are do-gooders, some want to help, some it is just a job, others want to not lose that military rigid schedule, others just WANT TO KILL SOMEONE LEGALLY!!!!

watchmen explore all this shit, society's reaction to it, the way comics became obsessed with pirates because superheroes were actually around and real... that shit is as far removed from the marvel DC sup[erhero trope shit as possible and still be in the same "world."