Thread: Vivian Girls
View Single Post
Old 10.22.2010, 02:02 PM   #253
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
the lyrics to jail la la puts me off the singer a bit.

it sounds awfully like she has gone to some show and is prancing about "EW THEY ARE ALL SO DIRTY AND POOR AND ON DRUGS DADDY BOYFRIEND COME AND SAVE ME FROM THIS BITCH WHO IS ENGAGING ME IN CONVERSATION I ONLY COME TO SHOWS TO ACT SILENT AND FEY AS IF I AM SO INDIE DEEP AND ALMOST COLD BUT LIKE, YOU KNOW, COOL."

again this is just me being wildly speculative and prejudiced and i am probably wrong but you know what, whatever. i don't think gg allin and rolling stone covers is the way to go in 2010. so i will just keep to my possibly massively unfair assumptions and bitchiness.

but jail la la is actually a really well recorded lo fi song, in fact its superb.

my problem is not so much with the music, its that we don't NEED any more childish nice lala indie twee music in 2010. we don't need another goddamn beat happening. everyone is a fucking teenager nowadays, noone is an adult, and there are very few adults making music. mainly rockstars or hipsters or metalfools or hedonic positivity supplement makers.

noone is making angry music in 2010 that is angry at anything other than their precious FEELINGS.

again, all my complaints can't be directed at this band since they are simply doing what they are doing. i am just frustrated that in 2010 we don't seem to have gotten very far since the 80's and bands like this are all the rage. if this band had come out on k in 1981 like they wish they had then yeah, they'd be there in the lists of great 80's indie.

it's just dissapointing to realise the idea of "progress" is an absolute myth. and to be constantly thinking "man if only i was younger or it was the 80's or early 90's this music would kick so much ass."

you know what the really sad thing is, there will prob be teenagers in 2025 who start idealising 00's indie like this. HA. i know. but i bet you you will get kids on youtube or whatever it is by then saying things like "omg music today is so shit i wish it was back to the 00's best era for music ever."

they will be hoking thru charity shops for stripey jumpers and tight jeans and cobain sunglasses. they will be like "OMG IF ONLY I WAS ALIVE BACK THEN I COULD HANG OUT WITH WAVVES AND LIEK EVERYONE WUD GET ME AND I'D JUST MERGE INTO THE HISTORY OF 00'S INDIE MEDIA AS IF SOME VORTEX OPENED UP TO CONVERT MY PHYSICAL BODY INTO THIS ROCKSTAR HERO WHO APPEARS IN PERFECTLY POISED 00'S INDIE BEAUTY IN ALL THOSE OLD BLOG PICTURE POSTS AND YOUTUBE VIDEOS!"

seriously, look on youtube and there are kids saying this about the 90's and 80's. and if i'm honest even i had a stupid idealised notion of what it must have been like to be growing up around 90's grunge.

you know what we need? a godddamn maoist purge. "DEATH TO THE OLD WAYS!" we need a bunch of redshirts scouring the internet hacking pfork into oblivion and deleting mp3 after mp3 of old unacceptable music. "WHAT IS THIS? NIRVANA? OFF TO THE LABOUR CAMPS WITH YOU, YOU SHALL TOIL IN THE FIELDS PROGRAMMING NEW AUDIO SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLES LAPTOPS!" We need shock troopers busting into peoples houses and re appropriating their hd's, deleting all the old shit and screaming at them: "ITS 20-FUCKING-10, WHY DON'T YOU SPEND I DON'T KNOW MORE THAN A FEW HOURS CHECKING OUT ALL THE NEW INNOVATIVE STUFF THAT HAS COME OUT IN THE PAST 2 YEARS AND TRY TO DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PERFECTLY RECREATE A SIMULATION OF AN OLD 90'S BAND AND STYLE THAT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED, ONLY INSERTING YOURSELF INTO IT AS A GODDAMN COCOON TO HIDE FROM REALITY."
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|