View Single Post
Old 09.21.2010, 03:57 PM   #37
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I love Doojiman and Asthma Attack. I'm actually beginning to prefer a lot of The Stooges' more random, semi-coherent moments over most of their official releases. (as as happened with the NY Dolls of late, having recently got their Private Worlds demo CD) I love the sci-fi-like effects at the beginning and the end of Doojiman. I only wish they could remix that particular track so the vocals weren't so prominent, or even turn it into an instrumental. There's a great riff, which reminds me more of a kind of Parliament meets The Yardbirds thing. Awesome. The bass playing on Asthma Attack is also some of the best I've heard on any Stooges track. Again, though, it's sort of let down by Iggy's clearly improvised/scat vocals.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|