Thread: The Evens
View Single Post
Old 02.24.2007, 12:37 AM   #7
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I even met Ian too. Fucken champ.

They are mellow compared to Fugazi, but alot of the riffs are very Fugazi-esque. You could imagine bass thrown in and abit of distortion on the guitar and it'd nearly be Fugazi. That's not to downgrade the Evens at all either. Both great bands.

Ian asked the small gathering what we wanted to hear and some dude said "more punk" or some shit, some "I wanna show I'm a minor Threat fan" bullshit, and Ian responded with: "You can't get much more punk than this". Fucking great response and very true.

There was also a few older folk, not too old, late 30s/early-40s, who had major complexes. Saying shit outta loud about how the scene "used to be happening" and when Ian said something about why are people being quiet, the same lady yelled out "Because they're all young" and Ian said something like "but you're in the audience too" haha. Befroe the gig too they were also being all upity about how everyone should all move out the road for them because we weren't even around for Minor threat or some shit, and I was like, this ain't a fucking Minor Threat gig, dipshits.

Anyway, it was a great night.