View Single Post
Old 05.25.2010, 12:35 AM   #14
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
In my opinion, 'Alice The Goon' is a rough start for someone just checking out oozes from the Wound. I've had this album for well over 12 years now and I still find it irritating at times. Other times I find it to have moments of brilliance. The vinyl version only has one side of music. Side B is an etching : ) 'Alice' was released between: 'Rock & Roll Station,' 'Yagga Blues / Funeral Music For Perez Prado,' and 'Who Can I Turn To Stereo' which is one of my favorite stretches of Wound releases. I do believe Savage Clone once said on here that 'Alice' was his favorite Wound release.

I think you know this, but the CD re-release version is 3 tracks. Track 1 shocked me, based on all I had read about NWW.....some kinda funky jazz vibe at first, hahaha....but then a lot more happens, and the vocals at the end are priceless. Track 2 seems unmemorable after the few listens I've had so far. Track 3 (Alice The Goon itself?) is much more interesting though.

The Drumm CD just fuckin blows me away. I love how he sculptures his Noise. And he does volume manipulations, which blew me away. It made me realize, suddenly, that you CAN fuck with volume levels on a piece, and perhaps instruct the listener not to adjust the volume once the CD is playing. This was a big shock to me really.....who fucks with VOLUME as an aspect of the recording? Track 2 of said album reminds me of Merzbow circa 1985.

The NNCK set is wildly varying - contemplative pieces vs full on noise. It's such a huge motherfucker of a record - 75mins - extremely generous. I must have more NNCK in my life.