View Single Post
Old 04.03.2014, 01:13 PM   #32
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
the injunction to be nice and debate people over things which are DELUSIONAL is not acceptable to me.

But here is ontological fly in your ointment. If you sincerely believe the people are you chatting with are deluded, then how exactly will you ever convince them? Better too just nod politely and carry on elsewhere..

Quote:

there is NOTHING realistic about theism. atheism is NOT blind faith no matter how desperately religious apologists want to knock it down to their level.

Again, there is a contradiction in your ontology here.. The premise of science is that no knowledge is concrete, understand evolves and changes over time as we experience more of the Universe. Science is ALWAYS open for new discovers, where as stubborn atheism limits this process of discovery.

Quote:
atheism is not enough for me because it still beleives that belief matters. i am a non theist, insofar as i even need a term. there is no god, no evidence for god, and until some arrives (which it never will) there is nothing reasonable about even entertaining the idea that we should even CARE about this concept.

I can respect your nihilism, its seems reasonable all things considering, and I will be the absolute first to concede the reality that God is more improbable than not, but then again, that is kind of the point of God in the first place right? An unrealistic and improbable entity..

Quote:
i wont get into another circular argument. i dont believe your experience offers any evidence of god. mine certainly has had moments that felt like mystical divinity was present, but this can be explained and understood a lot better without recourse to a term which reeks of humanities worship of patriarchal supernaturalism.

I'm not arguing anything, just sharing or relating my differing perspective as part of our dialogue. If you want to have a close-minded, one-sided, tyrannical conversation, well, that is both unscientific, immoral, and unfriendly, and its precisely the approach of those smug, self-righteous hypocrites you so scornfully despise. In other words, you're becoming the very thing you hate. Hence why I said, "Play nice with the other children.."

In South Central we got a saying, "It is what it is."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|