View Single Post
Old 03.27.2014, 09:07 PM   #24
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
even when they literally steal jokes from the simpsons, they still suck.

believe me, i've watched a lot of cartoons. family guy leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. i've tried very hard to laugh at what it does now, to identify whatever level of meta irony that it takes to make these jokes something other than nasty, vicious insults designed to degrade minorities in the most humiliating way possible - but i can't. also, the longer family guy goes on, the more it seems like they can't do ANY kind of humour anymore. there's nothing funny. as alan already said, the plot, voice acting etc. are all fucking atrocious - really really really poor. but they don't need to be great for a comedy show to work.

i can't laugh at anything that happens in family guy anymore. i love black humour more than most people, but every time family guy tries it it just doesn't work.

also, it's responsible for reviving some of the most crude and ugly racist stereotypes. a lot of the anti semitic 'jokes' in the show rely on stereotypes that i wasn't even aware of. there's probably a lot of people in this generation who have now been exposed to them thanks to seth macfarlane, who is the only person apart from the openly racist right wing that finds them funny. jews have big noses huh? that's great seth. go drink yourself to sleep again you pompous fucking dickweed.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|