View Single Post
Old 07.26.2022, 11:04 PM   #389
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
I can't be the only one going to shows, can I?

Gorillaz - John Cain Arena, Melbourne, Australia - July 24, 2022

First Gorillaz show in Australia since 2010 - they were booked to play a festival show in Byron Bay two days before this set, but that was cancelled on the morning of because of poor weather conditions. (Damon made reference to both things during the show, that some of the audience would've just been born the last time they played and that Australia and England had swapped over as part of "the global weather".)
Moonchild Sanelly was the opening act, a South African rapper with sexually charged performances and lyrics in both English and Xhosa. Not really to my taste, although the dancers on stage with her were alright, and the production was pretty cool.
Gorillaz came on at 8.45 and played for the next two hours, pretty much all of the hits you'd expect (the newer stuff was primarily ignored, only three songs from Humanz and The Now Now compared to eight from Demon Days). As impressive as all of the animations and graphics on the big screen were (there was a really hardcore one about whaling during 'Pirate Jet', when Damon wandered into the crowd), it was truly impressive that they played the whole show in time with the pre-taped raps from the artists who couldn't appear with them on stage. The bass was very loud, especially when 'M1 A1' started up (impressed how well my little recorder survived them). Very fun show, lots of good performances, had a great time (and managed to score a setlist from the stage!)
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|