View Single Post
Old 03.16.2007, 09:28 PM   #4
Brett Robinson
bad moon rising

Brett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's assesBrett Robinson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I'll give up my UFO books when you can pry them from my cold dead fingers!'

yr crucial list is missing Erich von Daniken!

Any favorites, Floatingslowly?

While I do have several von Daniken books, and Bramley's "Gods of Eden", that book is a bit much for people first getting into the subject. I was probably first made aware of Chariots of the Gods via the Marrs book I cited above.

Also, a lot of von Daniken's theories have been discredited. Perhaps if there were to be an updated version of his book, it would make the list, but I still fail to see things like Nazca lines being evidence of ET from outer space coming here to Earth. A lot of his evidence comes from the assumption that humans are incapable of great feats, when surely we are not.

I do reccomend the work of Immanuel Velivkovsky if you're not familiar with his books Worlds In Collision, Earth In Upheavel, etc. Not the easiest stuff to track down but even Albert Einstein was a fan.

Sonic Youth DVDs for UFO books, folks!