View Single Post
Old 10.13.2009, 12:02 PM   #29
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal
i dont think its relevant to discuss wether album format is good or bad for dnb. its a form for dance music so most of the tracks on an album are dsigned (produced) to make people dance! there are some expections but that is the main point.
its the same with techno or house..
but!

Yeah - in principle I do agree with you; the problem comes in that if I try and listen to Timeless or whatever it's a different thing to sweating your balls off in a dingy tunnel in the fuckarse of nowhere. I'm not saying it has to be the case for everyone, but for me this sort of music - and, I suppose, most dance music - it's an incredibly social thing, and I don't really associate listening to records with a 'social experience' (in much the same way reading a book isn't very social). I have to say, I do think the experience of club music in a club is vastly superior to the same music at home. On the other hand, I can think of nothing worse than listening to Schoenberg in a club, which is precisely what I'm doing right now at home.

Personal preference and all, you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|