Thread: bowie
View Single Post
Old 08.16.2007, 12:13 PM   #70
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i will when i'm more awake but basically, in a nutshell, he's damaged a lot of people's music, he's hogged the spotlight so much so that many people go unnoticed that were more talented than him (ahem, marc bolan, for once) and dumbed down a lot of other currents of music just so he can have hits.

his music from the 80's sucked with capital puke and he can be very boring.

still, he's written so many great songs but still.

i will rep you for stating the genius of 1970. and for the record, all iggy solo records suck, save for a few songs here and there, the idiot and lust for life suck.

porky: what do you mean quoting t&b? and "again"?

Are you for real?

The Idiot and Lust for Life suck?

Come on man. There isn't one bad song on Lust for Life!
  • Lust for Life is an awesome classic song with a great drum beat
  • Sixteen is a sexy song that makes you feel eerily pseudo-pedophilic
  • Some Weird Sin has and awesome guitar riff
  • The Passenger has that great chord progression that Iggy noticed the session guitarist playing
  • Tonight and Success- the only weak songs on the album, but Tonight is a nice gear down, and Success is pretty hooky.
  • Turn Blue- "Jesus, this is Iggy"
  • Neighborhood Threat- Sweet arpeggiating guitar, synth, awesome lyrics, and that part between the chorus and the verse is awesome
  • Fall in Love With Me- Nice circular lyrical stucture
I won't go into the same for The Idiot, but Dum Dum Boys, Nightclubbing, and Mass Production all rule.

And as I said earlier, if it were not for Bowie, Iggy would be dead. Bowie was one of the only people who visited Iggy and encouraged him when he was in a mental hospital.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|