View Single Post
Old 03.09.2015, 01:05 PM   #41
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
For a long time this was probably my favorite SY album, and it's still a toss-up between Sister and Sonic Nurse, depending on my mood.

I feel this record is similar to DDN in the sense they totally reinvented and perfected what they had done before this. While Daydream is more built on riffs, WM feels more on just jamming and creating an atmosphere. You could even say that it's their most open, spacious record.

Really, it's their finest hour recording-wise. The guitars sound absolutely perfect here and I love the way the vocals were mixed in.

One thing I oddly always liked about this record was how it feels like Thurston keeps a low profile due to the longer Kim songs and two Lee appearances (Not to mention Unwind). Makes his songs hit harder, I feel.

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|