View Single Post
Old 08.20.2013, 09:49 AM   #17263
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so you didn't like inglorious basterds? that was actually pretty good. and funny.

That was the movie where the penny finally dropped for me, that Tarantino is ultimately a snob. I could tolerate Inglorious until it becomes this bullshit ode to European film culture. That's Tarantino's problem. He doesn't simply like stuff, and want to celebrate it, when the dialogue in his movies reference some obscure movie or another it feels almost like a lecture, like he's somehow trying to educate his audience. Rodriguez never does that. The references are there if you know them but he never rams them down your throat. There's scenes in Planet Terror that clearly owe a lot to John Carpenter but Rodriguez never felt the need to signpost them, whereas you know the same scene directed by Tarantino would have to involve some character chastising another for not having seen The Fog.

To be fair about Inglorious though, I did really like the scenes with Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz. The rest of it just made me cringe though.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|