View Single Post
Old 03.28.2018, 06:09 PM   #5003
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
i'm doin' arthur c clarke short stories from the 40s and 50s. he is way better in long form. i'm beginning to think i don't like short stories in general. i liked 9 billion names of god and vonnegut's the barnhouse effect, other than that, i can't think of a single short story i've found significantly compelling.
if you want a really good short story read poe and hemingway and carver. in translation, maupassant, chekhov, borges and cortázar.

as for science fiction, william gibson’s “burning chrome” collection is where he worked out his universe before he poured it into novels. they’re a lot of fun.

and once i came upon a spanish translation book of stories in by jack vance and they blew my mind. have not read them in the original.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|