View Single Post
Old 05.10.2020, 07:30 AM   #8
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Enjoyed that, cheers. I wasn't aware of the Suggs-madness connection - I was writing in reference to latter day Morrisey quibbles which have an endless latitude in madness. For example; Meat eaters are like paedophile's. Bless. Or any quote post the skin head backdrop gig.

Anyway, I was pissed out of my head when I wrote that to Steve. I had a Smiths binge (peppered, and lightly salted with a dash of Guitar Wolf) dedicated to my ex who is a big fan. Ufffff

Well, maybe you were so plastered you thought Steve was Steven... Patrick... what's next?

Anyway, as unbearable as Morrissey has become, in his past (you decide where you draw the line) there's an inexhaustible MOUNTAIN of superb quotes, enough to fill books (I for one have his Autobiography and Mozipedia: The Encyclopedia Of Morrissey And The Smiths). My favorite right now is a fragment of an interview he did with the NME in 2004 (I believe this was his first with that publication —which one could say has tanked as badly as the interviewee— since they thrashed him for the Madstock bullcrap):

Quote:
NME: On "I Have Forgiven Jesus" you reiterate a constant theme in your work: that you find it impossible to love and be loved. Surely people are queuing up?

Morrissey: To do what?

NME: To have you as boyfriend or partner.

M: [Morrissey sniggers]

NME: Is that not the case?

M: Well, I haven't noticed any queues to be honest. I mean, there isn't one outside this hotel, is there?

NME: Nobody knows you're here!

M: Well, that's a mere detail. There's still no queue, so that scotches the idea. Well, how do I answer that question without even really knowing what the question is? [Ponders] It's the human condition, I think. Constantly looking for affection. Wondering why it isn't there when you need it to be.

NME: It must have been there at some point.

M: When do you mean? The release of "Suedehead"? [Falls about laughing]

NME: Why do you say that?

M: Just because it's ridiculous. [Thinks] Yes, to be quite honest yes it is... fleetingly. It comes in and out. But it's not something I ever speak about because it... it isn't lasting. I mean, is it lasting in your life?

NME: No, not really. Well, not so far.

M: "No, not really. Not so far." What do you mean - no?

NME: At the moment, no, but I imagine that... well, I hope I'll meet someone.

M: Well, you see, that's the trick of life, isn't it? How old are you?

NME: Twenty-nine.

M: Twenty-nine? Forget it. Buy yourself a nice budgie. That's my advice to you.

NME: Why: do you think I'd be settled down by now if it was going to happen?

M: Well, you know, you've been roaming the planet for 29 years, and if it hasn't struck you on the head by now I think you'd just better really get used to that television set and get yourself a nice comfortable armchair - which is fine, nothing wrong with that. You see, when you're a bit younger you constantly think, "It's bound to happen. I'm bound to turn around a certain corner and be faced by love everlasting". And it's a trick of the light, I'm afraid. [Drinks tea] Sorry about that. "What the palmist said".

NME: Definitely. It's a bit like being cursed.

M: All part and parcel of a Morrissey interview.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|