View Single Post
Old 11.03.2018, 08:12 PM   #1
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
This song slowly went from one of my lesser favorite ATL songs to in my top 5 all time favorites. The exasperated growl kind of turned me off at first.

One thing sy is good at is holding tension to make a cathartic release.

I love the dualist nature of the lyrics. It is like two songs that would have felt incomplete on their own stuck together for a grander statement. The first half is all empowerment. Aggression that feels pointed at the individual. The second half is feminine, motherly. It feels like it embraces and attunes to all things. The bridge being "modern women cry, modern women don't cry" feels like it is saying these two halves are a complete woman. That you can be feminist and powerful and fight, but also still retain a certain feminine fragility, and both are important.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|