Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 12.04.2006, 02:59 PM   #70
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
You, sir, are the Edge. I'll leave your morals to do the appropriate thing, which is kill yourself and that cunt of a singer simultaneously.

DELAY IS WRONG, YOU THINK YOU SOUND LIKE GODSPEED, YOU ACTUALLY SOUND LIKE U2. This is a message to every band ever.

Delay is actually a nice effect because it is triggered by your playing. I prefer a nice short analog delay to vibe, chorus, etc, because it warms up the guitar sound and is much more musical to my ears.

The problem with a lot of post-rock bands is that they are "post-rock" and there is no satisfying rock out moment like in an SY song, or a Pavement song. That is what I personally live for.

Guitar effects are a matter of balance. Yeah delay sounds cool, and so do modulation effects- but you can't let them get in your way of rocking the fuck out. Not that they can't help you-my Little Big Muff plus my playing plus my Arion SAD-3(which does a very short delay, 200 ms I believe) sounds huge and really roars, and inspires me to rock out more.

Although you raise a point. I keep looking at the Boss DD-20 and thinking- "I could get rid of my PB+J, it would be great, I could do sound on sound, modulated delay, warp, and twist, simulated tape and analog, tap tempo, a bunch of different stuff." But I only use long delay on my PB+J for one song, I usually use it's short delay setting when I can't quite get enough from the SAD-3. And the PB+J being digital doesn't have those cool overtones that analog seems to have. So why would I really need to have a big expensive cool digital delay when I probably wouldn't use it to the max of its capabilities?" Although I'd probably use them more than I think.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|