View Single Post
Old 12.29.2013, 11:30 AM   #1398
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Re: Trap Lord

This is the most overhyped hip hop album of the year (oh wait- MMLP2... never mind.. but still...) and I have to admit that I have never listened to it from start to finish. I can only handle the album in thirds. It's just far too full of the kind of machismo and one-dimensional lyrics that went out with the 90's.

Also- I fucking love A$AP Rocky, but I am not prepared for A$AP Mob to start flooding the market with solo releases. In order for me to be even open to the idea, they'd have to start working on their stage names.
Calling everyone "A$AP ----" is going to get real heavy handed real fast.

A$AP Rocky has an undeniably iconic quality to it, and brings to mind speed, money, boxing, all of which "work" within the conceptual hip hop zeitgeist (never mind its taunting similarity to Aesop Rock). "Ferg" and "Nast," however, sound super fucking stupid. They need to take a lesson from hip hop's reigning and longest living "mob," and unite under a symbol or logo, rather than a shared signifying prefix that will get old long before every member pops out a studio album of his own.

I guess I just think Rocky's albums are so incredibly good that flooding the market with A$AP's may ultimately make it hard to identify Rocky as the "leader." I mean, shit... hip hop is fickle, and I'd hate to see A$AP Balls (er whatever) outsell our boy and make our attention deficient brethren forget all about his skinny ass.

In short- Get your own moniker! Hip Hop, even in a collective, is not a communist endeavor! Why am I so worked up about this!??! I don't know!!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|