View Single Post
Old 05.05.2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
So I was browsing on the internets and recently the great Diamanda Galas had this to say regarding this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musi...d-noi-shanghai

This is NOT alternative MUSIC. The performance of this work
in China may be alternative to ANY future work for these brothers. People do not live to be bought and sold. And the black flags of every boat that sails may be beating just to move through the wind and water of the sea most loved.

Not to come to AMERICA!!

Diamanda Galas
Alternative music HATER

Love her, but I'm not sure what she's getting at here, other than maybe some annoyance at her name being dropped with people in the article she doesn't think highly of. BUT, it got me wondering, even if you think TN are aesthetically crappy/not "music," might their performances/noise music resonate differently in the context of China's growing power? If this performance was taking place in the US, should one be using the same set of standards to evaluate its merits?
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|