View Single Post
Old 06.28.2006, 06:45 PM   #10
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
All my hardcore mates go utterly spastic if you mention shape of punk to come. Apparently, the better stuff is the earlier albums.

I respect all Refused albums. Songs to Fan the Flames of Discontent is an awesome album, it offers really strong songs, and a sign of better things to come. But 'This Just Might Be... the Truth' is standard Hardcore, and as Cedric Bixler said, Hardcore is 1 dimensional, and it's true. 'This Just Might Be...' is standard straight out there plain old hardcore - it still has some awesome moments, but it's by far their least productive album. Where as The Shape of Punk to Come, is a masterpiece. They were transcending their hardcore fans/music and what they'd become accustomed to musically (the REFUSED ARE FUCKING DEAD DVD shows their disdain for what they were, and for the people that didn't want to take on what they now were and wanted to become). It's definitely an album like no other. They created something original and beautiful.