View Single Post
Old 10.25.2008, 08:46 PM   #46
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i've always been put off listening to the holy bible because the thing that people always mention about this album is the lyrics, nobody ever says a word about the music, thank you glice for confirming my suspicions that people never talk about the music because it is shit.
i was never a member of the nail varnish and eyeliner club and i think i can live with out some lyrics about a man who wished he was an anorexic teenage girl.

lets face facts, richie edwards was probably a paedo who got chucked of a bridge by some toddler's dad.

The music is very PIL-like, although this is probably mostly down to the production which is quite alot like Atomiser by Big Black i think. Its certainly their best album and its the only one i go back to from my teenage years, the rest of them have their moments but its mostly nostalgia value, the holy bible still has a serious kick about it. I do like the idea that he's alive and well and working at a sewage plant or something, and lets face it, in a world of Razorlights it is nice to have pop stars who arent completely sure of their own greatness.

and yeah, i never knew anyone growing up who was part of the leopardprint brigade or any of that business, but i wish i had, i could have had better girlfriends.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|