View Single Post
Old 08.24.2018, 09:38 AM   #277
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Same (well, he didn’t come up to me, but he remained approachable even after becoming successful). I wonder if we hail from the same area? I spent a lot of time near the region where Phil made a name for himself, and still resides if I’m not mistaken. We’ve probably talked about this before. Sorry. My memory is terrible.
i live in ohio and used to liv in wv. i got into phil in 2000. saw him in pittsburgh like a week before glow pt 2 came out. i've been to over a dozen shows over the years including following him for four dates deadhead style thru virginia and n carolina. he got to recognizing me. so many special shows. museums, churches, a barn, a hot and seemingly abandoned warehouse, in the rain outside a foundry with trains going by... once my friend got a personal performance in a tree house way back when he was still with khalea.
the man is the true definition of genius. his shows in 2004 solo with a hollow body electric and a boss delay pedal were beyond the beyond. he had soooo many songs and ideas. i'm thankful to have witnessed all those mini songs that never got released like dark foundation and dark hills. i had the good fortune of recording a number of shows. most of them were posted to the meps board and archive.org.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|