View Single Post
Old 10.09.2013, 01:50 PM   #1025
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
The second half of Electric Lady is definitely the better half of this record. At first, I had this as in the top-5 hip-hop releases of 2013. After a few more listens, while the production is superb, and the styles innovative for soul-rap, I think I have to downgrade it out of the top-5 but keep it in the top-10.

My revised top-10 for 2013

(1) Killah Priest "Psychic World of Walter Reed"
(2) Earl Sweatshirt "Doris"
(3) MC Tree "Sunday School II: When Church Lets Out"
(4) Ghostface Killah "Twelve Reasons To Die"
(5) Hieroglyphics "The Kitchen"
(6) Janelle Monae "The Electric Lady"
(7) MC Eiht "Keep It Hood"
(8) Talib Kweli "Prisoner of Consciousness" (again I don't necessarily dig this record, but it deserves to be on the list)
(9) Kanye West "Yeezus" (same thing, it makes the list even if I don't listen to it)
(10) Kool Keith "Magnetic Pimp Force Field" (this record is interesting, the way Dr Dooom was a satiric exploration of 1990s noir rap, this seems like Keith satirizing the Kanye/Wayne pimp rap records of 2013)
(10 part b) Inspectah Deck "Czarface" (this album is in a tie with Kool Keith, I might decide to move it up and break the tie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
https://twitter.com/jimmykimmel/stat...99049865814016
TOMORROW NIGHT, MY GUEST WILL BE @kanyewest (for real, yes and was it all a setup, no)

HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT?

(a) They were previously sort of "friends" before the incident which is actually why Kanye got so upset in the first place, he took it personally in the wrong way.

(b) Kanye is a self-absorbed egomaniac, how could he NOT do the show? How could he turn down the opportunity for such needlessly hyped publicity? Its not quite a Biggie-Pac or Dre and Suge reunion, but it will definitely be hyped to the max.

Will Kanye diss Jimmy on TV? Honestly, I hope he does, I diss Jimmy every time I see him, loudly and obnoxiously, simply because I think he fucking sucks

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|