Thread: minimal living
View Single Post
Old 06.11.2018, 10:17 PM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Yeah you get it. And I have actually been going through a lot of things that feel bigger which is probably what's making me question these kinds of habits. Like now they don't really sarisfy me as much so what's the point.

well congrats on moving past the fetishist consumerism that fuels the mainstream

the constant notion that buying product x y or z will make us “complete” and happy and all that shit.

the magical object that will make us whole! only to be replaced by the next trend, without which you’ll be out of step, and in need of another magical object, etc.

lololololololo

anyway, yes. just make sure that the “bigger” things aren’t shit like... cars... watches... expensive jewelry... pricey electronics. more of the same bullshit but “for adults.” the kind of ads that appear on gq or playboy magazine or... qvc lmao. toys for grownups. toys! LOL. LOLOLOLOLOL. a terrible ideology.

if you look at the maslow pyramid of needs you’ll see that at the top depending on the version there’s self-realization and self-transcendence. so instead of being another hamster in the consumer wheel you can now look at developing whatever gifts you were born with, and looking past your own needs into the wider world. yes? getting involved with that is a good thing. “making the world a better place” or however you want to put it.

i’d say again don’t worry so much about how to get rid of the toys, the toys will fall away as you concern yourself with more important things and a sense of self that comes not from objects but your... “mission”, whatever that might be. yes?

alright dude— best wishes with that! really looking forward to hear more good news from you.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|