Thread: Spacemen 3
View Single Post
Old 05.05.2007, 12:45 PM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I can't vote.

I don't know what to choose.

my love of Spacemen3 (&Spiritualized) is only rivaled by Sonic Youth.

I first started listening to them in 1990, and I was convinced that I had finally found the perfect psychedelic band. I was taking large doses of lsd at the time, and well....they were the perfect match.

I love Sound of Confusion for it's raw fuzzy noise. Perfect Prescription is beautiful and almost seems to me the point where the paths of Sonic Boom and Jason started to diverge. I'm not sure I even think of Recurring as a Spacemen3 album....it's half Spectrum and half Spiritualized.

I never got Taking Drugs (To Make Music To Take Drugs To) because it was a compilation of everything I already had, but I still think that it's the most brilliant name for an album ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Dreamweapon holds a special place in my heart too (I have the original CD and vinyl of this because of their important differences in length/material), but I view it as kind of separate from the other albums in a way.

I only have the cd and it's only 1 track that's about 44 minutes long. I can't say that I listen to it as much as the other stuff, but it really has it's moments (god I love the tiny bit of Honey). I found it for $10 at a used cd store in Dallas back in 92 and almost peed myself out of sheer joy that day.

good times.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|