View Single Post
Old 08.03.2011, 08:32 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
live i thought they didn't do enough mary songs, and only janet and carrie talked(saw twice) that's fine, but it does make it seem like a sleater rehash a bit...

mary has gotten a bit shy it seems, but its still not quite a sleater rehash, are you familiar with the Spells? Really, listening to the FULL album of Age of Backwards including tunes Carrie put out on NPR blog awhile back, you can clearly hear wild flag in that project from way back in 1999! rather, I'd say the wild flag sound is really an evolution of what mary and carrie have always done together, they sync well as musicians. I agree that mary needs to up her stage presence and showmanship a bit, she's not exactly a rookie, but they have a good banter between all four so its not just the janet and carrie show. Honestly it seems to me from that carrie really doesn't want to be the "leader" but has been kinda thrown into that roll by default cause even her banter has been quite awkward and forced at times, not like her old self in S-K, I can tell this band has a shyer, more subdued chemistry then the livelier S-K combination. I also adore hearing janet do her crazy polyrhythmic drumming! I been listening to bootlegs lately, I really don't even WANT the new album

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|