View Single Post
Old 11.11.2015, 02:09 AM   #261
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
saw them twice a couple of weeks ago, and to my surprise really enjoyed it. went to their headline show supported by oren ambarchi, who frankly shat on them as did htrk who I saw beforehand, as I can't help but see their new groove-based songs (a little god in my hands et al) as pandering and dull, whereas those billowing drones they played were utterly incredible, reminded me more of the 2011/2013 tours. the second set the next day was a condensed festival set and they essentially untethered the whole thing from rhythm and it was just excellent. just a little boy is really the only taker I have from to be kind and live it's enormous. new stuff also sounding solid, although it's likely going to be the same problem I had with the last two records, that being gira's proclivity to play the best stuff live and then fill out the overlong records with really slight songs.

Eh? Personally I cannot think of a wasted moment on either of Seer or To Be Kind, but My Father Etc was somewaht tentative. I may have said this a dozen times here, but Look At Me Go completes My Father Etc. Gira's decision to add this later on was both brilliant and overdue. ie He must have known that My Father Etc was very incomplete.