View Single Post
Old 08.11.2006, 11:52 AM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth have been a band for well over 25 years and have toured behind almost every record. Everyone can agree thy're a kick ass live band but they have so many live boots its kind of hard to know which ones are essential or fantastic.

So lets list our favorite bootlegs and talk them up so everyone knows the ones they should get

I only have three so far:
4-7-96 Dusseldorf, Germany (this is a great boot from the washing machine tour, the songs sound even better live if that were possible)
8/14/04 Boston, Ma (thit was the show i went to in 04 on the nurse tour. Has a great 8 minute opener of "burning spear and has mote and exprswy)
8-7-02 Raleigh, NC (i heard rumors that the murray street material sounded better live...and its absolutely true! I love this boot great versions if erics trip, kissability and shadow of a soubt on it)

Does anyone have that continental club bootleg ? The one where they are premiering material form Evol ? Is it worth getting ? Does the material sound different enough from the record ?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|