View Single Post
Old 10.11.2020, 02:57 PM   #8872
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don’t know about batman movies, but here, i think it’s not so much “bonkers reasoning” towards a conclusion, but rather it’s reaching for a rationalization after the fact.

Oh, I just chose that analogy because it's a piece of media I'm fairly certain a lot of people on this board have watched. It also seemed apt to me to compare that phenomenon to something firmly rooted in a highly fictional realm to convey just how absurd things have gotten in real life.

I completely agree that it's mostly a reaching for something in post. In order to get to that point, there had to be some sort of spark/inciting incidents in the first place though. And it's that road from being somewhat frustrated about certain goings-on to full-on support of something so obviously generated to prey on people's fears and born out of malicious intent. There's this almost meme-like analogy of the flock of sheep being mildly frustrated with the farmer, so they decide to vote for the wolf. That's how some people's rationalizations look like on display. And it's just baffling.

Though a good amount of those partaking in this farce are not in fact sheep taken in by false promises and a flimsy charade. Some are in fact aware and willing collaborators. Which is even worse.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|