View Single Post
Old 12.09.2013, 07:16 AM   #1302
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
as far as non hip-hop goes, i like Sky Ferreira, MBV, Iceage, M.I.A., Deafheaven, David Bowie, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Lorde..

haven't heard any of those albums. anything you think i'd like?

I think you'd like Botany. It's got a definite hip hop influence. Madlib and J-Dilla are two artists that really influenced its production. It's not a hip hop record, and is mostly instrumental, but it's sick as fuck... super laid back, chill, and epic all at the same time.

I don't know how you feel about punk, but since you listed Iceage on your non-hip hop list there's a chance you'll appreciate the sorely underrated Black Bug album I mentioned. I've been digging the shit out of it all year. It's the kind of album that keeps the world from spinning out of orbit. Hozac records nails it again.

And as for Fuck Buttons.... I don't know. It's a beast of an album. It's dark as fuck, and electronic, and kind of hellish, but also has some very lush moments. It's noise rock that sounds to me like Daft Punk and the Melvins getting into a colossal car accident, blood and metal everywhere. Also instrumental. It's worth listening to for anyone.

And the Lips... well, if you haven't already listened to the Terror and made a decision about it, this post probably isn't going to move you to do so. Top shelf fucking album though.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|