View Single Post
Old 04.25.2016, 05:29 PM   #10
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
You know, I'm almost compelled to say that Jessica Jones Season 1 was indeed a tad better. It was tightly scripted, had an extremely likeable and nuanced protagonist and was probably a bit more consistent than both of Daredevil's seasons. You can tell David Tennant had a blast playing the villain. He was great. And the chemistry between Jessica and Luke Cage seemed very natural and effortless. I usually don't like romance subplots in comic adaptations, but those two worked really well together. Overall, the series featured many characters that had great chemistry with each other. The only one that really stood out like a sore thumb to me was Officer Simpson. He was just such a moron and an irritating character. And one clear edge Daredevil has over Jessica Jones is the fight choreography (and cinematography). It got increasingly better as the season progressed, but the bar fight between Luke Cage, Jessica and those Rugby goons just seemed lazy. But that's okay, JJ is more of a character-driven Mystery-Drama, action is not its main selling point, so there's no real point in complaining. I liked it a lot overall.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|