View Single Post
Old 07.19.2017, 07:29 PM   #1411
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't know much about him but I hope he'll be an improvement on Moffatt, who started OK, I think, but ended up moving too close to comedy with Capaldi.

Have you seen the most recent season?

I ended up really liking Capaldi. Didn't at first, but he grew on me. Plus he looks quite a bit like Brady now that he's older.

Anyway, the most recent season had some dreary moments for sure. The scope was fairly cinematic, and the ratio of winner episodes to duds was high (xmas special and "Smile" were the only real duds). I really enjoyed it. And I think Moffatt has fairly good instincts when it comes to big, season-spanning story arcs.

Seriously, Missy is probably the best new addition to the show in years.

Broadchurch is a good show (Tennant! Also the chick who played Gwen in Torchwood plays an altogether loathsome sociopath) but the tone is sooooo fucking dour. Like it's setting out to rip you a new emotional asshole by forcing you to enoathize with the worst fucking people, and the only good folks are constantly raked over the coals. It's rough I tells ya!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|