View Single Post
Old 04.23.2013, 12:15 PM   #16910
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
if you can, get the dvd for videodrome and watch the whole thing with the commentary track on. same thing with crash. same thing with existenz or everything he does. he's fucking great. really, give it a try. will blow your mind. he's an incredibly smart guy.

I don't need convincing of Videodrome, which I love. I'm less convinced by Crash or Existenz, though, so I'll give them another go - via the DVD commentaries, as you suggest. I suppose my general thinking on Cronenberg is that he was a raw talent with some spectacularly great ideas but not a great director. As such, I started losing interest in him when he started moving in a direction where his limitations as a filmmaker started to reveal themselves. But then it's obvious, given the films I gravitate towards (simple, largely action-based stuff) that Cronenberg's more recent output would largely leave me cold.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|