View Single Post
Old 06.30.2015, 07:51 AM   #46999
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
'Horse Rotorvator' is a Coil classic!

"The Anal Staircase" is probably the best opening track to any Coil album, spawning this EP

For my money, John Balance's voice sounds the best on this release. The album is also full of oddities that grow on you with every listen.

Scatology and Loves Secret Domain (LSD) are probably the other two most popular Coil proper releases......How To Destroy Angels and The Unreleased Themes From Hellraiser are both instrumental albums that are not to be skipped!

You're correct in assuming that Coil has changed it's direction over time......and in my opinion, 'Horse Rotorvator' is a great place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

Coil - Horse Rotorvator

My first coil album. For the first few listens I didn't like it at all. Still not sure if I do now but I've been listening to it a lot and bits of it are starting to sink in. It isn't what I was expecting but then I'm not really sure what I was expecting. Is this a typical Coil album or have they radically changed their sound at different times? I wonder if I've got the 'wrong' album as an introduction to them.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|