View Single Post
Old 02.16.2010, 06:30 PM   #63
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I don't have a problem with The Melvins' alleged approximation of metal as such, since metal has a mutant nature that is one of the most absorbent compared to other variants of rock music. I did get a sense that a portion of the crowd at their gigs might as well been attending any other band called The Melvins, though, but that's just another personal impression.
I am with demonrail on this, the tone on their guitar is there in sound, yet there is a distinct lack of licks, or touches, for wanting of a better word, that would make their music that little less motionless, or dead end, like somebody already pointed out, and more spirited-sounding. What I'm probably trying to say is that they don't seem to understand that pacing down the playing shouldn't mean that you have to let it die a boring death, you could just give it a sense of occasion that their records lack completely.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|