View Single Post
Old 02.03.2010, 03:03 PM   #17
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I think if you had the slightest formal relationship to music you'd have dismissed this thread as absolute idiocy. Not because it's wrong, but because it's a bit like pointing out that mirrors are inclined to reflect things.

brother, that is entirely the point of this thread! Sometimes you walk by the mirror so often you don't notice a subtle aspect of what is reflected the whole time. I didn't see just how diverse this album was, from a musician's ear, because I simply hadn't realized it. Sure, the rock critics had mentioned all that in their critiques, but I didn't feel it, it was purely an intellectual understanding, not an intuitive, experienced based one.. But strummin on those tunes on the guitar yesterday, for the first time I actually FELT the different styles, based on my experience as a musician in bands of those different styles.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|