View Single Post
Old 04.13.2016, 06:21 AM   #33
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Well, then I hope they reunite and go to Finland straight away!

I shouldn't have made my post specific to young people and future fans. I'm sure there are plenty of Sonic Youth "lifers" who just haven't ever had a chance or opportunity to see them perform. That sucks. So allow me to adjust my statement: I hope SY reunites and performs so that ANYONE who wants to see them has at least another chance to.

That means a fucking world tour, probably 2+ years in length. Not something I'd expect them to do, but I still hope they do it.

I firmly believe that everyone has a right (like, a God given, inalienable right) to see their favorite band/artist live. We as a society should be tirelessly working to realize time travel with this goal in mind.

I'm not even kidding. I've always felt this way. Before I saw SY for the first time, I felt like half a man. Incomplete. It sucked. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Youīre right. But itīs little bit hard to believe they will make ever world tour. Because if I have correct understanding, they never been very popular outside US (after US maybe UK & south America?).

And like almost all the other old bands, I believe things will be never same as they were in eighties & nineties (I think they sounded live much different even in 2000 than earlier). But anyway I will be the first to buy ticket if they reunite and come even in the some near north countries! About their popularity in Finland, I donīt think I am lying badly if I say I am the biggest SY fan in Finland (sorry dasx if I hurt you).
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|