View Single Post
Old 04.24.2017, 09:52 AM   #105
>TNS<
little trouble girl

>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses>TNS< kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
The tensions on Bad Moon Rising and i]Evol[/i] and Sister sometimes NEVER really resolved. Or they did, only to fall apart or explode into every direction ("Tuff Gnarl").

hm yeah. The tensions resolve somewhere ELSE, not in the actual music that is heard, but in the unheard inner core of the music, so to speak. This is what made sy so great for me. I guess it boils down to expectations vs where's the artist at.

An example of a song that would have been bloody great if it stayed without obvious resolutions would be Ambulancer. Just leave it at the 2 chord verse thingy, leave it rough, don't round it up and make it all beautiful, there's your song. Anyway like you say it's still good music.

Someone somewhere must have written a musicology phd paper on this.
>TNS< is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|