View Single Post
Old 08.30.2013, 08:34 AM   #35609
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't know if the barber shop is a good idea or not because i don't know your market/your partners/licenses etc. but i like the spirit of the thing.

also the nice thing is that it's a cash business. you don't have to wait 30/60/90 days to get paid-- that's very good.

yes barber shops are usually "manly" places and they charge little money but there's plenty of metrosexuals who get their haircuts in "salons" where they pay more (a lot more). there are also high-end places that are gender free and you ca play pool or drink a beer while you wait. also there are "manly" barbershops (i'm told by the movie "barbershop") where people hang out and socialize.

so basically there is no formula, it's a matter of giving the market what it wants and if you can do it for a profit then yes!

(small suggestion here, read "the pumpkin plan" before you get started, talks about going narrow vs. going wide and if you have an original idea it might be helpful to refine. also, seth godin's "purple cow".)

i ll read that, thanks.

we cant have the socialize thing.
and i dont want that for now.
its space/time consuming.
there are many cafes nearby anyway.

i want a place, where ALL men, regardless sexual preferences, style, age and economical status, can feel free to come in and out and get what they want regarding their hair. but people, who can appreciate a nice place and nice service.
reasonable prices-good service is the only way to go. in all business.
because of the spot, im afraid we cannot apply to lower economical status people..if it was in the center of the city, we would.
edit- nah fuck it. everyone is in a low economical state anyway. and if they are not, they demand now lower prices in everything.

the good thing, is we have ways to advertise ourselves and we have many friends and wider social circle.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|