Thread: Quick Question
View Single Post
Old 04.09.2006, 10:13 AM   #16
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
I listen to a fairly small range of artists across a very wide range of styles, so I've never associated myself with any movement in that way. That said, there have been times where genres or scenes have produced a few bands at the same time who I've enjoyed, so there have been tendencies at times. But I don't try to immerse myself in one sub-culture or anything like that.

Punk has never been very big in my listening, anyway.

re: Mr Lydon, I think he sees his musical career as something that got better after the pistols, and I think he puts genuine effort into his art. I also think that, from 'Album' onwards, PiL far outstripped the Pistols. It's a bit sad that he's recognised more for the shock of the Pistols - if the musical merits of the two bands were considered more, then his work with PiL would get more praise, in my opinion. I can understand how that annoys him.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|